ACA is an anonymous 12-step, 12-tradition program and seeks to remain consistent with all traditions of anonymity and privacy.
If you provide us with your personal information for registration, we will not release this information to anyone outside of the ACA Convention Committee and its volunteers as needed for Convention business unless required to do so by a U.S. law enforcement agency or judicial process (subpoena).
We do not sell, re-market, or provide personal information from our mailing and registration databases to anyone or any organization for any reason.
We will use your phone number only:
- if we need to contact you to clarify the information you provided in your registration
- if we need to confirm payment details with you, or if you provided a check which was returned by the bank
- if we need to notify you on short notice of any change to the Convention (e.g., if a natural disaster were to occur and we needed to cancel the Convention).
We will use your mailing and/or e-mail address only:
- for the reasons shown above for phone number
- to confirm receipt of your registration and/or payment
- to notify you and provide information about this Convention and future ACA Conventions.
NOTE - We do have an "Opt Out" option - If you DO NOT wish to receive either emails or US postal mail about this and future ACA Conventions please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com and placing the words "Opt Out" in the subject line. We will remove your email and address from our confidential contact list.
Special note concerning the anonymity of Convention Speakers and Workshop Leaders:
Some of our ACA Convention Speakers and Workshop Leaders are accomplished professionals. They have published works relevant to recovering from the effects of growing up in an alcoholic or otherwise dysfunctional home. Because of their widespread public exposure they may be recognizable to both adult children and others who may not be in 12 Step recovery.
All Speakers and Workshop Leaders are given the option of including their last names and likenesses on Convention materials. Any use of their last names and likeness is done only after they have expressly authorized such actions.